The Water Department is responsible for providing safe drinking water to Village residents through quality monitoring and maintenance of the Village’s water infrastructure that includes six wells, two storage tanks and approximately 560 fire hydrants. The Water Department supplies over 1,300 water connections within a 7.8 miles area that total over 70 miles of water piping.
If you are interested in following along with your water usage through your Badger Smart Meter, CLICK HERE to access instructions for how to set up your EyeOnWater account. EyeOnWater can be accessed by way of desktop computer or mobile app (see below).
Lawn Watering Irrigation
The Water Department would like to remind residents that lawn watering irrigation is only permitted between May 1st and October 15th.
Annual Backflow Testing
All devices are required to be tested annually and backflow reports are to be submitted each year to Village Hall no later than September 1st. Our suggestion would be to have this test performed at the same time the irrigation system is turned on. To submit the form, please either mail it to the office, fax it to (516) 626-1296, or email the form to our secretary.
If you still need to get a test done, attached here is a list from the New York State Department of Health showing all certified testers in Nassau County.
If you have any questions regarding your water service please call Village Hall directly at 516-626-0800.
Well Number 6 Construction Time-Lapse Video
- 2021 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report (PDF)
- 2022-2023 Water Meter Fees (PDF)
- Application for Approval of Backflow Prevention Devices (PDF)
- EyeOnWater Log In Instructions (PDF)
- Final Water Bill Request Form - (PDF)
- New Resident Form - Online Fillable (PDF)
- Report on Test and Maintenance of Backflow Prevention Device (PDF)
- Water Service Application - Online Fillable (PDF)