Residents are reminded that beginning tomorrow afternoon and into the evening weather reports are predicting 6” or more of snow that will be accompanied by possible wind gusts of 45 mph. Everyone should be aware that traveling will be very difficult to impossible. Every effort should be made to stay at home during this incoming winter storm. Village crews and every piece of snow removal equipment is ready to go. Crews will continue their efforts until the roads within Old Westbury are passable. As a reminder, when having driveways cleared of snow, please have all snow deposited to the side of the driveway and not in the middle of the roadway.
If you do lose power – PSEG can be contacted by calling: 1-800-490-0075.
- Downed wires should always be considered “live.” Stay at least 30 feet away from downed power lines and immediately call 911 to report downed wires.
- Electric current passes easily through water, so stay away from downed power lines and electrical wires. Don't drive over – and don't stand near – downed power lines.
- Downed lines will be hard to see in the snow and can potentially be hidden in standing water. If you encounter large pools of slush or standing water, STOP, BACK UP and choose another path.
- To prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, do not run any gasoline-powered generators in a garage or any other enclosed space.
- Download the PSEG Long Island mobile app to report outages and receive information on restoration times, crew locations and more.
- Report an outage and receive status updates by texting OUT to PSEGLI (773454). You can also report your outage through our app, website at www.psegliny.com/outages or with your voice using the Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant app on your smartphone.
- To report an outage or downed wire call PSEG Long Island’s 24-hour Electric Service number: 800-490-0075 or use our web chat feature at www.psegliny.com
- Follow PSEG Long Island on Facebook and Twitter to report an outage and for updates before, during and after the storm
- Visit PSEG Long Island’s MyPower map for the latest in outage info, restoration times and crew locations across Long Island and the Rockaways at https://mypowermap.psegliny.com/