Spring Officially is Here
Members of the Village DPW continue to be cleaning roadways within the Village and have been clearing the flower beds in front of Village Hall. The bulbs that they planted last Fall are appearing and should be in full bloom over the next few weeks – stop by and take a look!
Friends of Old Westbury and the Old Westbury Gardens
With the official arrival of Spring, direct website links to two wonderful Old Westbury organizations have been added to the Village website: Friends of Old Westbury and the Old Westbury Gardens. Visit these two sites and learn what they both have to offer.
Push Notification Mobile App
The Village’s Mobile App is up and running! Residents can now download this new Push Notification Mobile App and be updated real-time on events within the Village. Click here to refer to the recent announcement to this website for downloading instructions. This App will greatly enhance the Village’s direct communications with our residents on issues that include:
- Weather Alerts
- Road Closures
- Tax & Water Payment Reminders
- Police Department Notifications
- Village Board Meetings and Community Events
Upcoming Village Newsletter
Plans are underway to publish and mail to all residents a Spring/Summer Newsletter. Topics that are scheduled to be included in this upcoming edition will be:
- 2020 Year In Review and Year Ahead
- 2021/2022 Village Budget Overview / AAA Moody Rating
- Police Department Re-Accreditation Status
- Water Department Retirement
- Push Notification App
- Upcoming Village Meetings
As a reminder, invoices for the period November 1, 2020 to May 1, 2021 will be created and mailed during the first week of May and are returnable by June 1st without penalty. A payment “drop-box” will be placed in the lobby at Village Hall for use. Reminder: The enhanced water meters within the Village can be read daily to check for leaks, for more information click here. If you would like to sign up for auto-pay, please click here and sign up for an account. If you have any issues, call Village Hall or email the Water Department Secretary.
Upcoming Village Meetings
- Planning Board: Monday, April 5th at 7PM (via Zoom)
- Board of Zoning Appeals: Monday, April 12th at 7PM (via Zoom)
- Board of Trustees: Monday, April 19th at 7PM (At Village Hall and via Zoom Conference Call)